St Mary Priory Church
The tower of this Church ,now redundant is a focal point along the Waveney valley.It stands across the road from Holy Trinity Church. The church is part of the priory built for the order of Benidictine nuns. It replaced an earlier Saxon church on this site. The priory was one of those closed by King Henry VIII after 1536.
Black shuck the fearfull and terrible dog is reputed to have visited here on Sunday 4th August 1577 during a great storm. A black dog, or "the Devil in such a likeness" ran the length of the church seizing two parishoners by the neck and killing them. Earlier that same morning at Blythburgh during a great storm "the like thing entered" slaying two men