ST MARY HENSTEAD
The Church stands isolated west of the present day village.
A fire in 1641 destroyed much of the Chancel and the same
fire gutted the old village which was centred around the crossroads.
The grand Norman doorway formed by a triple band of billet moulding which encloses a broad chevron followed by an inner line of small beads.